Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Last few days on food.

OK SOOOO Thursday I start the meal replacement. I am getting nervous! I have tried to keep the "Last Supper Syndrome" down to a minimum. I have had a few things I enjoy that I know I wont be able to have for quite awhile but all in moderation.

So when I decided to go ahead with Kaiser's Medical Weight Management Program , I went to an orientation to learn what it would entail, I walked away with a lot of  information and samples. After comparing the ready-to-drink chocolate shake from Optifast and the Costco case of Premier Protein Chocolate Shakes that my husband drinks already, we found they were almost identical, so my (very supportive) husband and I tried a 3 day protein shake diet, if you want to call it that, to see how hard it would be. I will say most the day wasn't so bad but nights are the worst. In all honesty there was a few nights my husband and I went to bed in a bad hunger mood because we couldn't stand it any more and were being beyond grumpy even though we had more then enough to live on but were use to so much more, BUT we lived and were no worse for the wear. Its doable and will be rough but well worth it in the end.

Last Wednesday was our first meeting. All we did was get our first weigh in out of the way and get our binders, then sample all the product to make our order for our first week on replacements. I tried everything even if I knew I wouldn't like it just so I knew how it tasted. Your options are very limited but I ordered as much variety as I could with the thought that variety would make me less likely to want to cheat (if the price of the program wasn't enough to make you stick to it). Its definitely not gourmet food but it isn't the worse thing I have eaten (well drank rather).

I met a few of the women in the group and they seemed nice. We will all need each other to lean on. I know not all of us will make it the whole program but having a strong support system is key. Ideally you would toss ALL the food out of your house to reduce temptation, but that isn't realistic when you live with others. I, however, just have my husband and my self so in a show of solidarity my husband agreed to get rid of ALL the food in our house (fridge, pantry, freezer, cabinets, the whole sha-pang, well... except for the beer =) ) since he works in the city long hours and has food provided for him at work. Since he isn't home except for "dinner" he has decided to replace all his "dinners" with the Premier Protein Shakes so we will limit the food temptations in the house. I am very fortunate to not only have the support of my husband but my whole family and friends.

At my heaviest weight I was 355 lbs.. I have gotten down to 321 lbs. at the start of this program. My over all happy life goal weight is 200 lbs. (give or take 5 lbs.). At my thinest (in high school) I weighed an athletic 185 lbs., at my thinest post high school was 200 lbs. and I felt great and I though I looked great and I felt comfortable. At 6'2" the suggested "ideal body weight" is 165-185 lbs. but I was barley in that range at my peak fitness as a high school athlete, 200 lbs. is my happy goal. In my next post I will post "before" pictures (and maybe a few "through back" pictures) to document my progress. I am very excited and nervous.

Tonight is our first actual program meeting and the last night before the July 2013 Group of 22 people will start on path back to a healthier us.


Thank you for the support!
-Kierstyn

Heaviest Weight: 355 lbs.
Start of Program Weight: 321 lbs.
Personal Goal Weight: 200 lbs.
 (At 6'2" the suggested "ideal body weight" is 165-185 lbs.)
Current weight: 321 lbs.  
Pounds Lost: 34 lbs.  
Pounds To Go: 121 lbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment